Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What's in a name?

First of all, welcome to my new interweb space! I hope it finds you well.

I had been contemplating starting a blog for sometime now, but even more so since temporarily deactivating my Facebook account. I was all set for the blog, but it was name-less. After reading countless meaningful lyrics (mostly those from the Hip and Mr. Dave Matthews), philosophical excerpts, and reviewing my limited Shakespearian wisdom, I decided to just make one up that fits.

I'm going to use A Common Fate to illustrate issues and discussions that we should all be taking part in, because frankly, we're part of them whether we like it or not. Obviously this blog cannot include all of the pressing issues in this world, but honestly, I'm going to try my best. There is always something that can be done about any problem, no matter what your affiliation to it. And if it ends up that a person has simply spent a few minutes thinking about an issue I have presented, then my general blog goal has been met.

My most basic desire of creating this blog space is to throw a little more awareness out into the universe. I may rant, I may plead with you, or I may be boring... but it's all in the name of the greater "We". Think of it as a *tiny* link in the connection between people and lives, if you will.

Please visit often. Agree with me, disagree with me, tell me I'm a nutter, just say something! I have set the comments to anyone can comment (I hate when you have to sign up to say something pertinent), but please don't leave it as Anonymous. I want to know who you are!

I will end this one off with a quote that sums up my feelings, and reasons why I created this blog... Thank goodness for Einstein, and thank you for reading!

"Strange is our situation here upon Earth. However, there is one thing that we do know, that man is here for the sake of other men, above all for those upon whose smile and well-being our own happiness depends, and also for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy." - Albert Einstein

1 comment:

  1. ...it's this crazy new thing called the 'interweb'. Interesting I'm excited to see where these blogs/rants go. I guess I'll have to stay tuned.

    - A

    ReplyDelete